Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pretty Is As Pretty Does/ BLIZZARD HERE

I just love pretty things and always looking for more pretty. Where did that saying come from Pretty is  AsPretty Does that just came to my mind this morning?

OK a friend just told me it's an old saying  and means you don't act ugly

I have been trying to make cards like I said a couple posts back and found some from years ago some made me sad some made me laugh some I just can't get rid of .

I have enough card making supplies to make everybody in this town a card way to much stuff but I just can't help myself I have invited a friend over for us to make cards together she is really good at coming up with ideas

I bought this doll ornament out at one of my favorite places to shop there was another girl there buying one and she was telling me these are made buy a well known  doll maker Katherine Collection I just love it I think she is a Marie Antoinette

The Little Swan was made buy the same maker
     That little box of chocolates looks so real doesn't it?                              
       Once I got to looking for treasures found this Annalee mouse which I think is so cute
                           

you can tell I either need to change the calendar or this is the day I took the picture? I usually just put special dates on this calendar like peoples Birthday's in my family
    I like this picture with my staffordshire dishes in the back ground       


There is one resale shop here in town that I stop at once a week and happened upon these gorgeous plates and I don't collect plates but had to bring these home with me

This plate is marked Noritake china you can click on the pictures to make them larger

          This plate is a Old Ivory Syracuse China


This one is MYOTT Staffordshire England and on the front has a signature A Robert I had never noticed a plate signed on the front before

         The last one i got is Imperial Salem China Company
 
Only one  more of Marie Antoinette's Swan
                                                                                           
         I bought this purple heart and added the rhinestone pin, bought it at Christmas time a few years ago                                                    

Under my TV wall unit as I was looking for something I have misplaced I found a few little things packed away so dragging them out to put in a proper place. The little rhinestone ash tray is no larger than a half dollar I found this one time while out in Oregon. I use to have it n a cabinet with my rhinestone clocks now how did it get in the living room?

                                                        
This picture of this Victorian type man is in one of my love poems books
The little shoe card I made for place cards at a luncheon at my church . I made every lady at the table a place card with the shoe. Our theme was shoes                                                
The little scoop I am putting in one of the jars of my old buttons.I was digging through one of my jars this morning looking for pink buttons and found some I forgot I had and that made me happy.

I met my friend Karen this morning for coffee and breakfast and she brought some cards that her and some work ladies had made. They use a lot of Tim Holtz items and I use found treasures from the studio (altered art )
It was fun seeing how different people put together a card.
Now I really need to quit talking about it and get a special card made. I am working on that card with the plastic glove stretcher. It is for Right Hand Girl
                                                                                                                         

  I just love these special post like Pink Saturday On How Sweet The Sound I added my Pink Puff in this last piture

We are having our first blizzard in Missouri. Governor Nixon has delacred this an emergency because of all the snow we are to get maybe up to 23 inches and 40mph winds . It is really snowing here now . I hope to make cards with electricty on in my house. Meaning hope it stays on through out the storm. All I have is candles to keep me warm
                                                                                
                               


                                                                                 

                                                          
                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Congratulations you are the winner of the Yoyo pillow offered on the Flea Market Style Blog.
    Please contact me by email (see blog side bar) and I'll get you in touch with the store that offered it.
    Thank you for playing,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG

    Did you see that girls ???????????? I won !!!!!!

    I must say Flea Market Style magazine rocks



    Janice

    ReplyDelete